You need the following settings in your Gmail account to make full use of GmailVault. Simply follow these steps:
1. Login to your Gmail account.
2. Click the little gear icon near the top right corner, and choose Settings from the drop down menu.
3. Ensure that IMAP access is enabled.
Go to Settings > Forwarding and POP / IMAP > IMAP access and enable IMAP.
4. Allow labels to be shown in IMAP.
Go to Settings > Labels and tick all the check boxes on the right.
GmailVault will backup email from the folders and labels that are visible in IMAP. It will also allow you to navigate your email using these folders and labels. At the very least, we recommend that you enable All Mail.
5. Optionally, allow Chats to be backed up too.
Go to Settings > Chat and ensure that Chat is On and Save chat history is enabled.
Now fire up GmailVault and let it start it’s back-up magic.